QuickBooks is a great accounting tool if you start your new business or it’s your old business QuickBooks is the best tool for you.During accounting no one wants to face errors or bugs . today we are going to learn the troubleshooting of QuickBooks error 6123 0.
If you see Error 6123,0 in your QuickBooks Desktop then don’t worry simply follow some step that we learn in this article and you will be able to fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0
What is QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 ?
According to Intuit QuickBooks Error Code 6123, “the connection to the QuickBooks company file is lost” when you open the company file on the network in a multi-user environment or when you upgrade the company file to a newer version of QuickBooks Huh..In
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen while using the company file report on the network.
- Error -6123,0
- We are sorry, but QuickBooks Can”t open your company files
Cause of QuickBooks Error code 6123,0
There are following reason that cause error 6123,0
- Restoring office records from an affiliate carport device.
- The system connection to the host server is problematic.
- The QuickBooks company file is debugged or scattered.
- QuickBooks data file or program file is corrupted or corrupted.
- Black Web Bugs Filter option has been selected in your McAfee antivirus.
- Your firewall security is blocking an important port for communicating with the server that hosts the company file.
- Hit your Windows OS.
- There are several versions of QuickBooks database services running.
- When hosting is turn on, the QuickBooks company file hosting system renames your computer system.
- Any antivirus can be installed on an enterprise PC. It won medals with the QuickBooks desktop service.
Read Also Multicurrency in QuickBooks
How to fix QuickBooks error code 6123, 0?
Step 1: Delete special characters from the file name
Make sure your company file name is:
- 30 characters or less
- No special characters or spaces
Step 2: Download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub can help fix common bugs. Important: QuickBooks must be closed to use the tool hub.
- Download the QuickBooks Tools hub file. Save the file where you can easily find it (such as your download folder or your Windows desktop).
- Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolsHub.exe).
- Follow the on-screen steps to establish and accept the terms and conditions.
- When the installation is complete, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Step 3: Run QuickFix My Program
- In the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Program Issue.
- Select QuickFix for my program. It takes a minute to run. If you have multiple versions of QuickBooks installed, this may take longer. Wait for the progress bar to arrive.
- Quickfix When my program completes, open QuickBooks and verify that your issue is resolved.
If you still see error -6123, 0, go to step 4.
Step 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download, install and run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Browse your QuickBooks company file
- Choose to check your file and network
- Then Click Continue
- Enter your administrator password, and click Continue
- Your company file may take some time to resolve
- It may then ask you where your company file is stored, select the option according to your file location (server or workstation), and then click Next
- When the repair is complete, select the QuickBooks Company file from the list provided
- Now click on Open QuickBooks
- Your file is still closed. Reboot your computer, and then try to open the QuickBooks desktop.
See it also Rebuild QuickBooks Data File
If you see error -6123,0 while restoring your company file
Restore your company file with a backup (.qbb):
- Move the backup file to your local hard drive. Do not open them from the online storage folder or removable drive.
- Follow the steps to restore your company file from backup.
If you see error -6123, 0 while restoring the backup (.qbb) on the new computer
- Create a portable company file (.qbm). Use it to restore your company file.
- Open the QuickBooks desktop on the same computer you used to create the backup company file.
- Open your parent company file as usual (not backup).
- Make a portable copy (.qbm) of your company file.
- Then Open the QuickBooks desktop on the new computer.
- Restore your company file using a portable copy (.qbm) instead of a backup
Error opening QuickBooks Pro, Premiere or Enterprise file -6123.0
This issue was resolved in the 21.4.145 creation of a virus scan component that is part of your McAfee security software for Windows. To check the virus scan version you have installed:
- Open your McAfee software.
- Click on the Info tab.
- Then Click about and scroll down to the virus scan section.
- Make sure your version and build number are the same or later If the virus scan version on your PC is out of date, follow these steps to update it:
- Open your McAfee software.
- Click on the PC Security tab.
- Then Click on Update Apps. Follow the prompts and wait for the update to complete.
More helpful article :
I hope the above steps help you to fix QuickBooks error 6123. 0. If you need assistance from QuickBooks’ Enterprise Support or need a free consultation, you may contact our Certified QuickBooks Support Proadvisors and Technicians immediately. By dialing the toll free number +1-862-781-0681.