All you need to know about Enter and Delete Transactions by batch in QuickBooks Desktop QuickBooks has emerged as one of the best accounting software available in the world. Small and medium businesses have benefited greatly from this software. With the help of this software, accounting and payroll have become easier than ever, but finance and sales are also easier to manage. The software has many advanced features, making it one of the best accounting applications. In fact, each version adds new features to the software.
Along with all the latest QuickBooks desktop versions, Enterprise 18.0 users are allowed batch entry of deposits, checks, credit card fees or invoices, credit memos, bills and bill credits. In this article we will discuss in depth how to enter and delete transactions by batch on the QuickBooks Desktop.
To file a batch invoice
- Go to Customers> Create Batch Invoice.
- Make sure your terms, sales tax rate and dispatch method are up to date for all customers you send batch invoices by selecting each customer:
- Then Double-click the customer (or right-click and select the customer),
- Open the Additional Info tab and change the information required.
- Locate the customers you want by searching or selecting the billing group (the list of customers to create a group of billing group invoices), and then select Next.
- Then Select the desired line item and template.
- If you want to enter the customer message, select Next.
- Review the list of invoices to be created, and then select Create Invoice.
- Print or email as appropriate, and then select Close.
Steps to register transactions in batch for QuickBooks Desktop:
- Click on the Accountant option and press Batch Enter Transaction option.
- Then Select the Transaction Type and click on Account Options.
- Open an Excel spreadsheet that contains the transaction details you want to record on your QuickBooks desktop.
- Then Categorize them into columns in your Excel spreadsheet. This process is done to verify the distribution of columns for the batch transaction screen.
- From your keyboard, press Ctrl + A, then right-click on the screen and click the Copy option from the drop-down dialog box.
- From the Batch Enter Transaction screen, you first right-click on the Date field and press the Paste option.
Note: If the current company file is not listed, the name and account will be displayed in red. Select a name or account, and then click Quick Add or Setup.
Enter Transactions By batch In QuickBooks Desktop
- From the Accountant menu> Perform the batch enter transaction.
- Select the appropriate transaction type and account.
- Open a spreadsheet in which you need to record transactions on the QuickBooks Desktop.then Set the columns in your spreadsheet to match the order of columns in the Batch Entry Transaction window.
- Highlight information, right-click, and then select Copy.
- In the Enter Batch Transactions window, right-click on the First Date field and select Paste.
Note: If they are not currently listed in the company file, the description will turn red. Select the extension in red and select Quick Add or Setup.
If you are facing problem like
I want to use the class
You can customize your column to add a “class” to the entry column screen. If the “class” is associated with an object in the transaction, the item must be selected before the class is selected. This applies to all forms and transaction entries. If “class” is selected before the item, “class” is deleted when the item is selected.
- Select Save Transactions on the Confirm Yes screen.
How to add multiple split lines to Transactions in QB Desktop
Split Transaction allows you to add one or more additional split lines to a transaction.
- Highlight the transaction you want to add split lines to.
- Then Select the Split button.
- Enter the necessary information for each section in a separate line.
- Then Select OK to return to the Batch Enter Transaction window.
- Repeat Step-D with multiple partition lines for each transaction.
Note: Alternatively, you can split a transaction into two or more separate transactions by entering a single transaction number in the original spreadsheet. This manual helps prevent data entry.
Important features of batch deleted transactions in QuickBooks
Use the Batch Delete / void Transaction Utility (BDT) to quickly delete or nullify multiple transactions at once.
- It is only available in QuickBooks Desktop Accountant 2018, Enterprise and Enterprise Accountant 18.0 and later versions.
- You must sign in as an administrator or external account user.
- The batch delete / null transaction tool does not support multi-currency.
How to Delete or Void Transactions by batch
Note: You cannot delete or cancel a transaction in a batch below. You can still remove them one by one.
- Reimbursement costs, invoices with time, benefits or goods
- The bill is invoiced at time and cost
- Check payroll liability
- Payment of sales tax
- Payment of online bill
- Any transaction within a closed period
To delete them one by one, open the transaction, select Edit, and then select Delete.
- Go to the File menu and select Switch to Single-User Mode.
- If you see a switch in multi-user mode, do not select it.
- Go to the Accountant menu and then select Batch Delete / void Transactions.
- Then Select the transaction you want to delete and void from the list of available transactions.
- Select Review and Delete (or Review and void).
- Then Select Backup and Delete or Backup and void.
- You can skip backup and select Delete or Void only from the drop down.
- Then Select Yes to confirm that you want to delete or cancel the transaction
After you delete or delete the transaction, you can choose to view the deleted / invalid transaction report to print a deleted or null transaction.
Our QuickBooks experts recommend the above process without registering and deleting transactions in batches. If you have any questions or doubts at any stage, you can access the “2018 QuickBooks”. They are QuickBooks Customer Support Consultancy. They hire Intuit Certified Experts to assist and guide you in the process of solving your problems. To reach them, you need to call their toll-free customer support number +1-877-218-4460 or You can also visit our web-page get help from our QuickBooks Online Support team or with online chat help.