QuickBooks Exeadapter error occurs when your Windows operating system lacks the Microsoft .NET Framework. The QuickBooks installer encounters an EXEAdcape error or an error 61686 and has completed the installation process. QuickBooks installation required. The .NET Framework because it is the Windows component and Microsoft that opens QuickBooks to transfer data over the web. This error occurs when a network framework file is damaged or corrupted. There are many reasons that a .NET framework file may be damaged.
QB Exeadapter error may pop up as error code 61686 on your Windows after you encounter an error. This error notification also displays “Sorry”! There is something wrong with your installation process. Exeadapter Error: InstallExe method received system error without creating process, ”. Error information also provides a fix for the error code.
What is QuickBooks Error 61686 or Exeadapter Error?
When a user installs or upgrades QuickBooks, the QB installer first installs all the necessary components, and one of the most important components for QuickBooks operating is the Microsoft .NET Framework. If the Framework.xml file needed for a .NET installation is damaged or corrupted, it could interfere with the installation of the .NET Framework on your computer, resulting in a 61686 error or an exception in QuickBooks.
Exeadapter error Installation method received system error by creating system command superior Error QuickBooks, After you encounter an Exeadapter Error that looks like a 61686 error on Windows, you get an error message “Sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Exeadapter Error: Installation Method receives the system to create the process.
What is the cause of the loss in the Framework.xml file that triggers the EXEAdapter error?
Framework for corruption. The XML file is not the only reason for the QuickBooks 61686 error or the EXEAdcape error, even when the installer cannot find the file in Windows. The following are the causes of problems with the Framework.xml file.
- Microsoft on Windows. Incomplete installation of the .Net Framework.
- Then Updated version of Microsoft .NET Framework.
- Windows is infected with viruses or malware.
- The user accidentally deleted the Framework.xml file.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks EXEAdapter Error
Step 1: Restore .Net Framework on Your PC
- Press Window + R to open the Run window.
- Type Appwiz.cpl.
- Then Click on the .Net Framework under Program and Feature List.
- Uninstall this version now, and after the process is complete, restart your desktop.
- Once your PC restarts, go to the program and click the ADD / Remove window.
- From the list of programs, click on the NEt Framework to expand.
- Then Check the first and second checkboxes and click Enter.
- After Microsoft. Net Framework, restart your window, and select QuickBooks Integration.
Step 2: Reinstall QuickBooks using the Clean Install tool
Before doing this step, keep this in mind to back up all the files on the computer, as some files may be destroyed after this step. Therefore, it is advisable to back up your data or you can contact the QuickBooks service team to assist you at this stage.
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tools.
- Then Click QuickBooks Clean Install Utility from the download.
- Click I agree and select the QuickBooks version you are using.
- Then Click Continue and select OK.
Step 3: Make changes to the frame.xml file
If you have a QuickBooks setup file downloaded, follow the steps below
- Click on the Start button on your keyboard and type% temp% in the Search Program and Files text box.
- Click the Temp folder from the top of the list.
- Double-click the folder named as your QuickBooks version.
- Now open the folder QuickBooks.
- Then Click on the structure and click. Select and rename the XML file.
- Add .OLD to the file name
- Download the new Framework.xml file and move it to the QuickBooks folder.
- Try installing QuickBooks again.
- If you cannot start the installation using the Setup.exe file, first open the QBooks folder and double-click the QuickBooks.msi file.
Step 4: Download and install the QuickBooks diagnostic tool
The QuickBooks Running Diagnostic Tool solves problems with Windows components such as MSXML, C ++, and Microsoft .NET Framework. The QB install diagnostic tool from QuickBooks not only solves the EXEAdapter error but also removes other errors that occur during installation.
- Install the diagnostics tool from the Get QuickBooks link.
- Download the file to your desktop.
- Then Exit all apps running on Windows.
- Double click the QB install diagnostic file from the desktop and follow the on-screen instructions to start the repair process.
- Once the repair process is complete, restart your computer once again.
Step 5: Download and install Windows Update
- Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard to bring up the Run window.
- Type Control Panel in the text box of the Run window and press Enter.
- Then Locate the Windows Update from the Control Panel and click or type Windows Update in the search box at the top.
- Then Open the Windows Update and click Check for updates.
- If you have an update for Windows, download the update and click Install Now.
- After installing the Windows Update, restart your computer and try to install the QuickBooks Desktop application again.
If you have a CD for QuickBooks software, follow the steps
- Make a copy of the installer file on your desktop.
- Now, insert the QuickBooks Software CD
- Then Find a folder similar to your QuickBooks version.
- Now open a new folder named QuickBooks.
- Then Find the Framework.xml file and right click and rename it
- Type the file name as.old
- Download the new framework .xml file
- Then Try installing QuickBooks again.
- If you cannot start the installation using the Setup.exe file, open the QuickBooks folder and click on the Quickbooks.msx file.
If you are still experiencing an installation error due to an EXEAdcape error, this is due to some hidden reasons that may interfere with the installation process in your computer background. In this case, please contact our team of experts to help us.
The QuickBooks EXEAdapter error is also known as the error code 61686. This is an installation error that usually occurs when your Microsoft .Net Framework is not on your device. There are several ways you can fix this problem and reuse your QuickBooks software. All the best solutions are mentioned in the article above. If you are still experiencing the same problem after implementing this method, you can contact our service support team. They look into your software and offer you the best solution because some hidden resources are still causing problems in your software.