In this article, we would discuss QuickBooks error 1618. It is one of the common error which users get during software installation due to some technical issues.
Here we will provide you with complete detailed information about QuickBooks error 1618 and resolution to overcome the issues. It will surely help you to install your software properly and overcome this error. I would suggest you, check your system if any other background application installation is going on, you can either wait or cancel that installation first and restart your PC after that start the installation process.
Sign of QuickBooks Error 1618
- During software installation errors 1618 appears on the computer window.
- During software installation, Another installation is already in progress message appear.
- Some times the computer isn’t working.
- Windows start to run slowly or PC often crashes.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1618
- If Quickbooks installation has been corrupt or incomplete.
- The window registry is corrupted or other directories issues.
- QuickBooks file has been deleted or infected with malware.
- If any system internal issue has occurred during software installation.
Learn to resolve QuickBooks Error 1618
We can simply follow step by step procedure given below to resolve the error.
Method 1: QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool needs to download and run
- When you get the error during installation, Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Once the file has been downloaded save the downloaded file on your desktop or any other visible folder.
- Double-click on the tool in order to access it.
- The tool will instinctually detect the error and fix it.
Method 2: Windows installer version needs to update if it is an older version
- Open the window and Log in to your PC as an Administrator.
- Now we need to check whether Windows Installer is updated or not.
- If it is an older version update it and reboot your pc.
- Install your Quickbooks again.
Method 3: Reinstall Microsoft Runtime Libraries
- First, we need to Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x86) if our PC is 32 bit.
- Or we need to Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package(x64) if our PC is 64 bit.
- Save the downloaded package on the desktop or any folder.
- Click and rename the downloaded package as .exe or vcredist_X86.exe.
- After that, follow the instructions step by step.
- And restart the PC and install QuickBooks again.
Method 4: Verify for any MSIEXEC.EXE instances in the background
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and then choose Task Manager.
- After that Select and click on open Processes.
- Select the Image Name column and reset the list in alphabetical order.
- Check if you find any Processes with the name of EXE and select End Process.
- Shout down the task manager window and reopen the task manager again.
In the above post, we have discussed all the common Symptoms causes and resolution of QuickBooks Error 1618. I hope you have found the complete resolution of this Error.
In case you are still facing any issue with QB Error 1618 and unable to resolve it, you can write your concern in the comment box and we will do our best to resolve it.