QuickBooks Error 1402 frequently occurs when you are working on Quickbooks. Error 1402 is an installation error that comes when there is some obstacle during the installation. It is also experienced by the user when they are operating the QuickBooks payroll accounting software in windows or mac OS X operating system. If this error continuously pops up on your system then there is a glitch in your Windows registry. When the user receives Error 1402 that means “couldn’t open key” and the ongoing QuickBooks installation will stop unexpectedly. Error 1402 can affect windows applications such as Adobe, Xero, Windows drivers, and Windows security applications. In this, the opening programs will be slower and the response time will long.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
Error 1402:’ Couldn’t Open Key’.
But, it can easily be solved by following simple steps
Here Are Some reason behind QuickBooks Error 1402
There could be several purposes for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1402. Whenever you install an application on your system then the application makes some necessary changes to the windows registry entries, the error occurs when the application does not have sufficient access to make the required changes to the registry of the window.
- If the operating system is not installed with the latest update, then it gives rise to the installation errors like Error 1402.
- Some hardware failure also leads to installation error 1402.
- When the installation of the software is done by the damaged CD.
- Error 1402 occurs when some important files have gone missing at the time of installation.
- When a corrupted QuickBooks is installed in the system.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1402
There are a lot of solutions available to fix the QuickBooks error 1402. Most of them are listed below.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks installation tools
There is a QuickBooks installation tool that is equipped to address all the installations issues. To use the tool, you have to download from intuit and run the tool.
- First, download the tool from Intuit.
- Now, close all running programs.
- Run the tool after this, it may take 15-20 minutes as per your network and speed of your system to complete the process.
- Next, Restart the window after completion of the process.
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks software
Many times some other program in the system leads to improper functioning of QuickBooks. Because of this sometimes QuickBooks Error 1402 occurs. You can do reinstallation and this will help to improve the working of the system.
- Click on the start menu and open the control panel.
- Then, search for ‘open or remove program’.
- Find out QuickBooks and install it.
- Restart your computer and reinstall the QuickBooks software.
Solution 3: Configure Windows Registry Settings
- Press window + R on your keyboard and type Regedit in the text box of the window and then, press enter.
- Create a backup of the registry before making any kind of changes.
- Then, click the file tab at the top and select export.
- Create a backup file and name it and save it on the desktop.
- Now from the left side panel in Windows Registry navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes.
- Now, click on permission from the edit section.
- Click on ADD under the advance setting.
- Checkmark the Full Control option and exit the Registry Editor.
- Now, run the QuickBooks updated software.
Solution 4: Download and Run Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool
- Download and install the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool in your system
- Run the diagnostic tool in your system.
- The diagnostic tool first scans and starts troubleshoot to fix the error.
- Then, restart your desktop.
Solution 5: Update the window and install missing updates
Improper Quickbooks installation can also happen if the operating system is not updated.
- Click the start button
- Now, perform windows update and select on “check for update”.
- Install all the pending updates.
- Restart your computer after the completion of the process.
Ways to prevent from QuickBooks error 1402
Once the error code 1402 is removed from your system, it is really important to take the necessary steps to prevent it from coming back.
- Try to avoid interruption at the time of installation of the software.
- Create a backup for your data.
- Update your QuickBooks whenever a new update is available.
- Make sure you delete all the junk files and have a clean reinstallation of QuickBooks.