QuickBooks error 12029 is one of the errors that QuickBooks users generally experience while working on QuickBooks. As we all know, QuickBooks is one of the perfect software for accounting as it provides the best accounting experience. QuickBooks is the most reliable & efficient software with an easy-to-use interface. It is a type of accounting software that saves time and also manages the data in an organized manner. QuickBooks is suitable for all types of small and medium-sized businesses organizations. It is used by millions of people across the globe. Sometimes many people suffer from errors while working on QuickBooks. In this article, we about how to solve the problem of QuickBooks error 12029 in a very short span of time.
QuickBooks error code 12029 generally occurs when a user trying to update QuickBooks or Quickbooks payroll, he or she may face QuickBooks error 12029. In other words, it occurs when the QuickBooks fails to access the server. It happens due to the network timeout or when QuickBooks is blocked by the firewall. Now, we can move ahead on the causes of error 12029 of QBs.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 12029
Down below I listed the various causes which are mainly responsible for the QuickBooks Error code 12029. These causes are as follows:-
- QuickBooks fails to connect the server due to connection timeout.
- QuickBooks is intercepted by the Firewall.
- Bad SSL settings.
- Problem with the internet connection or network problem.
- When QuickBooks fails to update due to connection timeout.
- Network timeout while downloading the QuickBooks Payroll Download request.
- This error arises when the Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser or unsupported web browser.
- Firewall not working appropriately.
These causes are majorly responsible for the error code 12029. Now in the next part of this article, you know about how to fix QuickBooks Error code 12029 in a short period with the help of various Solutions (or methods).
Solutions to rectifying QuickBooks Error 12029:-
In this part of the article, I suggest some methods to fix QuickBooks Error 12029 with a very short span of time. Down below I listed various solutions (or methods) to resolve the Error:-
- Fix issues regarding internet connectivity.
- Adjust your Internet Explorer settings.
- Firewall Configuration
- Update your QuickBooks
Now, we discuss the above-mentioned solutions in detail. Now let, start with the first one.
Fix issues regarding internet connectivity:-
- Firstly, you need to download the TLS 1.2 utility from the Intuit website and run it.
- Secondly, set your Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default web browser.
- Try to visit secure websites that are external to the QuickBooks such as the login page of your bank. If you are unable to do so, talk to an IT expert.
Adjust your Internet Explorer settings:-
Follow the below-listed steps to optimize the internet explorer settings:-
- Firstly, you need to shut the QuickBooks and then open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Second, you can go to the Tools or you also can press the Alt key from your keyboard to find the Tools.
- In this step, firstly, you need to open Internet Options and look for the Security Tab.
- In this step, you look for the Globe symbol and click on it in the Security Tab.
- In this step, you need to check the level of security which is not set higher than the medium-high.
- Now, search the connections tab.
- If the dial node is not used by you, select Never Dial a Connection. In case you use a dial-up node, choose the correct internet service provider.
- Now you move to LAN Automatically detect settings. Select it.
- Now you look for use Proxy server checkbox. Now enter the full address and port. If in case, where the checkbox is marked.
- If you find that the port is different than port 80, do not remove the checkmark placed against the use of a proxy server option.
- If in the case you can find the port is 80, you need to remove the checkmark placed against the use of a proxy server option for testing purposes.
- Now you need to choose an ok move to the Advanced Tab.
- After that, choose the restore advanced settings.
- Select TLS1.2 under Settings and click on OK.
- Now, you need to close the Internet Explorer and then reboot your PC.
After, restarting the PC you need to start your QuickBooks.Update it and check it for QuickBooks error 12029.
In this solution, you know how to configure the firewall. Down below I listed the procedure of how to configure the firewall:-
- Firstly, you need to download the Doctor Tool for your QuickBooks File.
- Secondly, after downloading the Doctor Tool you need to install and run this tool.
- This tool will configure your Windows firewall and will open firewall ports automatically.
Update your QuickBooks:-
- Firstly, you need to select the Help option and click on Internet Connection Setup. After that, select the “Use my computer’s Internet Connection settings to establish a network when this application connected with the internet”.
- Then click on Next and select Done.
- In the final step, you need to update your QuickBooks again.
Through the help of the above article, I provide you enough knowledge regarding the QuickBooks Error 12029. Through the help of this article, we discussed the error code 12029 of QuickBooks and its occurrence and also discuss the various factors which are responsible for error 12029. With the help of this article, I also provide you various possible solutions to fix the error 12029 of QuickBooks within a short span of time.