Quickbooks Error 1328 is one of the common errors reported by the user. here is this blog, We are providing you all the information, including how to fix error 1328, and it causes.
QuickBooks is used by various small business accounting software. It has advanced features which help to save a lot of time. However, updating the software is important for the proper functioning of it and improve the feature of fixing the error. We all know that QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software for small businesses. But, sometimes errors occur and which may frustrate the user.
What is QuickBooks Error 1328?
QuickBooks update error 1328 usually occurs while updating, installing, repairing or sometimes uninstalling QuickBooks from your desktop. The error may show up in different ways in your device, although the file reference of error shown exactly what the problem is.
Error 1328. Error updating file C:\ Config.Msi\PT19C6.temp. System error -1072807676.
Note. the error and type this in a web browser
Causes of QuickBooks Error 1328
One common reason for the QuickBooks update error 1328 can be installing a version (for example QuickBooks 2009) with a license number which is completely different from the version that is presently installed. The reason for this update error is the temp files in the config.msi folder which protect QuickBooks software from finishing the update.
Here is a list of some more causes due to which this error code occurs:
- Problem while downloading the software.
- Uninstallation of the software that may have left invalid entries in your system.
- Improper shut down because of external reasons such as a power failure.
- Attack of virus or malware on your system.
How to fix QuickBooks error 1328
There are several solutions are given below which can help you to solve error 1328. If you get error 1328 on your system window, the QuickBooks would stop and you will not be able to work on it.
So, it is always advisable to solve the QuickBooks Error 1328 as soon as possible to continue working on QuickBooks software.
Method 1: Locate the config.msi file
- Click on the start button, and choose to explore the option.
- Now, click on C: drive
- Select folder Click on tools.
- Click on the option “View” in the toolbar, then select all the hidden files
- Click to apply and press enter.
- Operate all the important files.
- Now, click on config.msi and select the rename option.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and press enter.
It will hide and prevent your system files including all the important hidden files and folders again on your operating system.
Method 2: Repair all the registered tool application
- Firstly, run any registry repair tool and repair the damaged registry entries that are related to QuickBooks.
- Use malware removal tool to fix any kind of malware attack on your system, and remove all the malware from your system.
- You have to remove all the unwanted junk files from your device.
- It is also important to uninstall the outdated drivers from your PC.
- However, you have to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software
- Run window file checker to scan your device for damaged files and repair.
- Lastly, install all the important windows update
Method 3: Repair your windows installation process
- Open the window as an administrator.
- Open your control panel and select the program and features option.
- Now, locate the Quickbooks in the list, select it, and then click on the uninstall option.
- Choose the repair option, when QuickBooks installer will appear.
- Run QuickBooks repair on your PC, and you have to apply security patches when the repair process is completed.
Method 4: Reinstall the QuickBooks Software
You have to follow 3 different steps for this method.
- Uninstall QuickBooks software
- Rename the installation folder
- Reinstall the QuickBooks by the clean installation
Step 1 – Install QuickBooks Software :
- Press window + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type in control panel.
- Select program and feature
- Open a list of programs, select QuickBooks and uninstall it.
Step 2 – Rename the installation folder :
- Download the Quickbooks clean install tool file and save it.
- Open Quickbooks_clean_utility_.exe.
- Now, confirm the license agreement by a single click on the checkbox.
- Select your QuickBooks software version
- When you receive the message Quickbooks is now ready for a clean install, install the default directory and press enter.
Step 3 – Reinstall the QuickBooks by the clean installation
- Uninstall the QuickBooks software.
- After completion of the uninstall process, clean install QuickBooks
- To perform this you receive two different options:
- First, install QuickBooks from the CD
- Second, install QuickBooks from the download file.
- Now, install QuickBooks from where you want.
QuickBooks error 1328 usually occurs at the time updating the QuickBooks software. This error stops your software from working. There are several causes for this error code but there are multiple methods through which you can resolve this problem. All the possible methods are mentioned above. Still, you are facing the problem then you can contact our expert team for help.